Well I’m now in Melbourne, joining my old old friends here for a winter get together. So what have I been doing these few days??… Most of the time I was out having coffee with my friends at the outdoor cafés which are everywhere in Melbourne. I was told by my friends that I may need to wear a long sleeve + jumper + jacket when I’m outdoor on a normal day but well it’s not that cold at all here as compared to New Zealand.
So what are nice over here in Melbourne? Of course top on my list is… the outdoor cafés here. It costs only AUD$3-4 for a cup of cappucino, latte, mocha etc. and I can chill out with my friends for the whole afternoon. The shopping downtown at CBD are not bad, the fashion and choices here are quite different as compared to Singapore and K.L., the only thing is that it requires quite a bit of walking, along Bourke St., Collins St. etc. and the prices are not that cheap after currency conversion. Another thing that I like to do is people watching, especially on the tram. I think MP3, iPod etc. must have very good business here as almost everybody is listening to music on the tram most of the time.
Well what else do I enjoy doing?? Hehe, I like to snap close up pix of my friend and I. I have now N number of these pix in my thumb drive. Another type of pix that I am collecting are those with me holding a coffee cup in a silly smile at different cafés.
So far where have I been to? Lygon St., CBD, Toorak/Chapel St., Smith St., Chadstone etc. Sight seeing wise, I have visited the Shrine of Remembrance at the Botanical Garden, St. Paul Cathedral, Federation Sq., Flinders St. Station etc. What I like the most is the walk along the Yarra River at the South Bank in the late afternoon.
I have met up with my friends - the crazy crazy Rita, the full of topics friend Ying and their spouse Boon and Mak, as well as my TLC friend Betty. Hello you all !! This afternoon I had lunch with my ‘legally blonde’ friend Jou at the Hard Rock Café and went shopping at the Smith St. and Myer/Melbourne Central with Jou and Ying afterward… (Hmm.. when ‘Group X’ friend met ‘Group Y’ friend…?? )
Tomorrow I’m going with Rita, Betty and Ying to the Lake Mountain. Heard from Jou that it’s quite cold over there. Well, let’s see how it goes…
09/08/06 written by Jo, at Ying’s apartment at Essendon, Melbourne.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey, how was Lake Mountains?
to jOu,
Lake Mountain?
1. not cold
2. not enough snow
3. snow nearly finished melting
4. but Marysville is a very nice town
conclusion: we enjoyed the trip :-)
To jou (imitating ying hehe):
Ying and betty hired the ski boot and ski pants, went to take a few photos and stationed themselves at the cafe. howzat.. ;)
Whereas chingyee, me and WM might as well made use of the 'leftover' icy hard snow for tobogganing. Disappointing with the amount of snow...
Nevertheless, as ying put it, we enjoyed the trip and Marysville is a nice town.
Post a Comment