Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Super TV Fan - Pig Pig

I have an interesting housemate, Pig Pig. She does not talk much. I often think that God must have forgotten to write her daily scripts. Besides speechless, she is often expressionless too. When she went out with my friends, there was often this scenario in my car that my friends and I keep talking and she was at the back seat sleeping zzz…. Yeah I must mention this amazing ability that she possess, i.e. can sleep anytime, anywhere… just like Mr. Bean in the movie ‘Rat Race’. More amazing is that she can suddenly wake up and pick up from where she left off.

Another special ability that she has is to create ‘entropy’ at my apartment (please refer to my previous blog ‘A Better Land’ for the definition of ‘entropy’). I have proven experiments on this observation. For example, if I clear my dining table, it will soon be piled up by Pig Pig’s laptop, camera, cradle, video cam, tapes, web cam, speakers, thumb drive, hard disk drive, torch light, batteries, CDs etc… this is almost a never failing experiment that I carried out from time to time.

Well, this is not what I want to write about though. I have another bigger observation about her. Well, she is a super fan of Hong Kong TV channel “Wah Lai Toi”. I often couldn’t find my ASTRO and TV remote controls as most of the time, she kept them close to her. Not only that she likes to occupy the tv to stick to “Wah Lai Toi” all the time, more interesting is that when she watched the tv series every night, she smiled and laughed with them. Often I feel like she is not staying with me but with those characters in the tv series.

For example, when I talked to her, she often gave me a close-end reply, such as ‘oh’…’yeah’… but when the characters in the tv were having dinner and were chit-chatting, she smiled like she was having dinner with them. Sometimes she would comment some more…like ‘chi4-sin3’ (crazy) or ‘bak3-chi1-meh!’ (stupid)… Then when the characters said something funny, she would laugh out loud, like this… “ha ha ha, Ha HA HAA…” in increasing pitch. Then when it’s commercial time, she fell asleep. When commercial was over, she woke up and continue smiling at the tv… weirdo… baka desu ne…

Anyway, despite all the above, she is in fact a very nice person (try to be politically correct so that she won’t sue me). Just that I couldn’t help observing her behavior as one of my favorite past time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this just follows the natural rule with Delta S > 0 (thermodynamic law in physics)

Jo said...

Oops, hi mcdulldull, long time no see. Well, S>0 does apply to normal situation but with special creature Pig Pig around..., ΔS increase exponentially.

Anonymous said...

I totally agreed with what u wrote... this pig pig @McDullDull is extremely "luan"...hahaha U forgot to mention that she is the perfect "REMINDER" to u and me....

Anonymous said...

haha, i think it's a blessing in disguise where you've such housemate.. :-) keep you entertained, just by observing her...
sometimes, keeping a distance, especially those staying under the same roof, is best to keep the 'relationship' going... i personally can't stand those tooooo sticky type of friendship, ie. one is expected to include the others for whatever activities, or, one is expected to babysit another one.. but your pig pig is very cute!! :-) kakakakaka!!

Anonymous said...

ya ya, have you watched that Single White Female a few years back...this is Single Pink Pig, so you better be careful..hahaha

Jo said...

Yeap, that was quite an old movie but hard to forget. The story is about a housemate trying to imitate her land lady and took over her role etc.