Thursday, November 11, 2004

Talking about pens...

I like pens. More precisely, I should say I like checking out cool pens (just like I like checking out cool guys...). Unfortunately there aren't many nice one around town. So I usually study the new products online and for the one I like, I try to search for it in Singapore. One of my favorite shops is A"N"BC at Bugis Junction (It has another branch at Takashimaya).

I'd say I'm quite a picky person when it comes to pens. I like fat pen in particular, with fine point (preferably 0.5mm). Apart from that, the overall physical must look quite unique, best with some fancy features.

Well, let me see what I've got... (checking inside my office drawer and trying to recall all my pen memory...). Ok, I'll just pick a few favorites of mine to share here:

Pentel's Ergonomix retractable gel roller

Web site: www.pentel.com (check out "2004 Product Catalog" -> "New Products" -> Ergonomix Gel)

I like Pentel. Ergonomix series is one of my current favorites. The uniqueness of the Ergo is that it has a very fat grip that is twistable-adjustable. My first black 0.7mm Ergonomix was a birthday surprise gift from my fren, Mr. Atypical. He got it flew all the way from Japan kos at that time, it was really rare. I remember he told me to smell inside the package kos "It still got the japanese air in there"... hahaha...funny guy. Well, it has become my favorite since then. I used it everyday until one day I accidentally snapped the clip... :( So I called up Mr. Atypical for help. He came and picked it up and promised that he will glue it back like a new one but ever since then, I've never seen it anymore.

So I decided to make a trip to Singapore few months later to search for it and there after a long search, I finally found it at Bugis. I bought 2 black, one for myself and one for my NZ bro who was on vacation in Singapore at that time. After that, I got another few during my other trips there. Now I have a black, a pale purplish, a pale blue (which I've given to Bobu who is sitting next to me). Also I've got a black Ergo pencil for my housemate. To be more kiasu, I've also bought a whole big bag of Hybrid KFR5 0.5 mm refills just in case I run out of it...hehehe.

Mitsubishi Pencil's uni alpha-gel
This is a "must squeeze" favorite of mine. Unfortunately I couldn't find the pix online. It has a squeezable gel grip that comes in different fancy colors. My first alpha-gel was blue in color but I didn't get a chance to use it kos it's "snashed away" by my bro in Singapore kos he had a love-at-the-first-sight with it. So I went back on other trips to get more. Now I've got a blue and a red. I have given a red to my fren Miss O, a green to Dommy boy, and an orange to Bobu (Wow, I'm such a nice fren!!).

Pilot's Dr.Grip retractable ball point

Web site : http://www.pilotpen.us/detail.asp?PenID=15

This is not really my favorite but I'm also using it quite often. I've got silver metalic grey blue which is for collection. I gave another very nice metalic silver white to my sis-in-law. The two that I'm using are a pink and a green Dr.Grip Gel (http://www.pilotpen.us/detail.asp?PenID=4). I have both of them with blue refill kos my Ergonomix are all with black.

Well too much to write about pens. Anyway, I'm currently eyeing on Pentel's Clarius gel which has a nice metal body... wooo... strong and elegant. Check it out!

2 comments:

jÖu ~ said...

eh chabo..you part-timing as pen salesperson ah?

Jo said...

I'm scared that one day I die suddenly that nobody knows anything about me. So I decided to write something about myself everyday... my favorites, my hobbies, my dreams, my philosophy, my values/principles and some daily observations. Hahaha... kiasu, kiasi, kiaboh (wife. N/A), kiabor (scared of having nothing), kiajenhu.