Monday, November 22, 2004

Being NICE or NASTY??

What should we do if someone steps on us, uses us, or takes advantage of us?

Well, I used to think we should always be forgiving, like what my mum always said. One day this person will realize and be regret for what he/she did. Well it works sometimes but unfortunately there exists some people who just like to victimize others. The more you give way, the more they think you are an easy/soft target to be victimized/bullied/taken advantage of.

As I told my frens, my general rule is:
1) If this is the first time, I'll forgive BUT... observe.
2) If it happens again, and again, I may or may not take any serious action (kos most of the time, I just won't be bother due to the high EQ I have... hohoho just kidding) but this person will be totally out from my fren list, without giving him/her any notice in advance.

One true story, I was once troubled by an ex-colleague who I think he thought I am a nice & very friendly person. So he kept calling me, asking to do him favors. His 'skin' just got thicker & thicker until bugging me late at night & early in the morning, insisting on bugging me for the sake of bugging. End up, I shouted at him on the phone, asked him to stay away from me forever. After that I just never pick up his call anymore. Well this person, he was just way over the line.

There are few other cases happened from time to time, some the attitude is just so unbearable/annoying/irritating that you feel like punching them. My colleague Bobu knew about some of the cases, so he wrote a big word "NASTY!!" on my desk to remind me to learn to be more nasty. Well I'm learning...hey hey hey... soon it will be the end of my patience and good temper.... *evil*

My advice to all my kind kind frens : If we keep tolerating bad attitude, we are encouraging it in a way. It's good to practise forgiving but we should also learn to protect ourselve from being victimized.

Words to all my frens : Thank you all for respecting and loving me, I love you all very much. Muaks!!!

1 comment:

hoonster said...

forgive and forget is good but sometimes we need to fight for our right also.... kill the fellow!