Thursday, November 12, 2009

Simplicity

Sometimes having more is tiring. It's good to do some 'clean-ups' from time to time, and keep only those that you need.

1. When work gets too stressful and too much -> quit.

2. When people get too demanding, harsh or calculative -> say bye.

3. When hearing too much little little complaints from others in a day -> shut down and meditate. Spend more time with those who are cheerful, thankful and loving, who appreciate you and life.

4. When wardrobe is full -> get the clothes stay untouched for > 1 year packed and donated.

5. When the house is full -> do spring cleaning, create more storage, dump away the unwanted.

6. When eating too much make you sick -> stop indulging, and adopt simple & healthy eating habits.

7. When sitting in front of a computer for too long -> stand up and go for a swim to improve blood circulation, clear your mind and think of nothing for a while.

8. When the investment profile gets too diversified -> analyze the ROI vs. risk, do some personal long term financial planning, decide what to let go, what to keep and what to pursue.

9. When there are too many goals to achieve -> Do visualization more often and decide which to let go and which to pursue, in order to meet the long term goals.

10. When there are simply too much info to absorb from TV, newspaper, internet -> Define an info list, pick a few reliable sources, spend minimum time to read only the important ones. Source for the info you need and don't let all kinds of info overload you or consume too much of your time.

After simplifying everything, sit down to admire the beauty of simplicity and smell the fresh air.

Remember : Stay simple, positive, healthy, happy and focus on the long term life goals. It doesn't have to be that complicated, really.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i have to say... i love this entry :-)

Jo said...

Thx! Besides those tips mentioned, I think I have also 'simplified' my blog till u r the only reader left... cool, I'm really good at simplifying things nowadays.

Btw, pls use the name 'me' or 'jOu' lah, dun use 'Joanne', it confuses me... thot I left a comment to myself...hahaha.

dt said...

good advice :)

Jo said...

Oic, I've two readers left, not just one... haha.

Anonymous said...

Finally got time to read your blog. I like number two. It strike a code recently...I wish I can say bye. Employee getting demanding...! Tough to be a boss, ok. -Duck

Jo said...

If u can't say bye, then make he/she says bye instead loh. Otherwise, tough life.