Evian doesn't seem very expensive as compared to other 'wasser' here. It's €0.89 per 1.5L bottle.
2. The plastic bottle for mineral water costs additional 25 cents and is recyclable for refund. Can you believe that a bottle of water can cost only 19 cents but the bottle carries it costs 25 cents?? Check this out:
Tell you what, this is a really effective way to do recycling. I have been bringing all my empty bottles back to the recycle machine outside the supermarket to claim back my 25 cents for each bottle, which I'd never bother to do it in M'sia.
You can do the recycling for $ refund at this machine outside the supermarket. Just dump in the empty bottle, it will scan and accept if the bottle is recyclable, and return a receipt so that you can proceed to the supermarket counter to claim your $ back. Easy and smart huh!
3. The counter girls at the supermarket all have super fast efficiency and they don’t pack your stuffs.
4. The plastic bags at the supermarket are not free, so better bring your own. In Kch, I often demanded the counter girls at Choice Daily to give me more big plastic bags so that I could use it for my rubbish at home. Here, B.Y.O. or pay for it! Another effective way to be environmental friendly.
5. The chocolates are very cheap here, e.g. all kinds are less than €2, from bars to boxes. Ritter Sports, Merci etc.
6. I was told by my German colleague Dirk that there are mainly 3 types of beer – Schwarzbier (black – I’ve tried), Weisebier (yellow – I’ve tried), Budbier?? (Yet to try).
Above: small (0.3L). Below: large (0.5L).
7. Wine, beer and alcohol are cheap over here. The supermarket next to my hotel basically have 6-8 rows of all kinds of alcohol on display. All the big bottles of wine are just priced €2-€6. How could one resist it... So, I have been drinking quite a bit during this trip. All are quite easy to drink, not bitter at all.
They even mix Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam with Coke and sell in can, how convenient and hard to resist!!
8. Germans like to switch off the light when they leave the room, including office toilets (very energy conserving). They also like to lift the toilet bowl lid down (on the plane, on the train, in the office etc.) for don't know what reason.
9. The fall fashion is mostly in black, grey or beige. May be a little bit of red.
10. 'Cangih meter' on a cab in Dresden.
11. Typical hotel breakfast has bacon, eggs, sausages, buns, smoked salmon, luncheons, cheese etc.
12. German coffee, sesame buns, sausages taste fantastic!!!
The German sausages are crunchy and go nice with mustard sauce. I have craving for hot dogs almost everyday... luckily the hot dog stalls are almost everywhere.
Another item that I have craving for is the buns here, a bit hard, crunchy and they just smell nice and taste good. My favorite so far goes to this sesame bun... I'm sure I'm gonna miss it after I go back to m'sia...
The rest are nice too...
No comments:
Post a Comment