Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye my dear uncle...

Something drastic happened last weekend after I came back from my home town. My only uncle staying in Kuching passed away last Saturday. I rushed to the hospital in early Sat morning after his family called me. I stayed around and watched every second went by till my uncle breathed his last breath.

This is the first time I saw the loss of a life in front of me. A lot of mixed emotion indeed.  I was sad to say goodbye to him as he has always been a nice uncle to me, always smiling and liked to talk to me when I went to his house.  At the same time, I felt relief that he left in peace.

My parents flew from my hometown to attend the funeral these two days. I was very sad to see my dad crying, losing his only brother left in this world (his other 3 brothers have passed away). Anyway, today the funeral has ended and my parents have gone back to my home town.

Nowadays, my parents are forced to accept the loss of their friends and siblings almost every few months, due to old age. They often checked the newspaper to find out who has just passed away. 

Sad but that's life.