Sunday, October 11, 2009

I am going on long long vacation soon

Okay here is the news. I am soon leaving my current job for good.

Why? Oh well, just feel like doing it.

I was busy like hell over the past few months. Then one day while I was approving some documents, half way I stopped to take a few minutes thinking to myself... 'Do I enjoy my job??' The answer is 'NO'.

There, I made the decision. Typed the resignation letter in 5 minutes, walked to my COO's room, handed over to him. He was so shocked, asked me if this is final, I said 'Yeap'.

Then there were few rounds of talks and counter-offers, HR even offered me job with HR ... haha I have never thought of myself becoming a HR manager. Anyway, I have decided to go.

Don't ask me where I get the courage to quit my job at this downturn period. To be honest, I don't know. Sometimes I really don't know myself that well. Well, I trained myself to be a disciplined and responsible grown-up but deep down there is always this rebellious me crying out loud trying to escape from this boring adult working life.

Guess sometimes we need to listen to our heart, give up something, walk out from our comfort zone, in order to find something new.

So friends, you will soon see me more often on my blog, as I will be having all the time to myself, being jobless.

7 comments:

ying said...

enjoy 悠長假期 as it doesn't come often :)
and get some inspiration for some business idea, wa hahaha!

Jo said...

Haha, somehow a lot of my friends have expectation on me to come come up with business ideas. I wonder if I do look like a business person...

jÖu ~ said...

i can only see the PROs of this decision of yours...
- u've been complaining FOREVER about your job, it's ABOUT TIME you quit!!!
- welcome back to BLOGesphere..we missed ya!!!
- less stress = less white hair, and more time to yourself
- now you can (HOPEFULLY) be on time to our nights out and NOT blame it on working late!!! ^_^
- and finally... you have time to think about what you REALLY wanna do...

congrats..and enjoy!
p.s. i can only wish i had the same courage...

xoxo

Jo said...

I wonder if this is called 'mid life crisis'...haha. Not just PROs lah, got CONs. I am on my own now, anything not doing well or smooth, I can't blame anyone or my company anymore (well that's not me anyway).

For short term should be fun but long term with much less income (if I don't manage to create more income sources) could be stressful. Then I'll have to depend on u to buy me lunch and dinners every week (of course u can choose to bring me 'ta-bao' if u don't feel like eating out).

jÖu ~ said...

i don't foresee u being idle for long term. a brainy, analytical, driven and obsessive girl like you (haha, shit, you sound like a smart psycho) will soon find something to do...... no worries in that department. maybe you can start weighing the different offers that you've gotten so far and see which fits best.

again, well done for SACKING YOUR BOSS!!! ^_^

Jo said...

Shit, what smart psycho! U smart bimbo!!

Btw, I need to rest my brain for few months... tired lah.

Do take care of my lunch & dinners if I become broke. U know lah, u r such a rich 'tai tai' mah.

dt said...

O.O ... CONGRATS!!! have a good break. Might be joining you soon >.<