Friday, November 07, 2008

Why did Obama win??

Since everyone is talking about Obama, 'I also want'. I think Obama won the election because of:

His look:
1. He is good looking, not just among the blacks, but in general. Almost better looking than the best looking black guy (used to be, in my point of view), Denzel Washington.
2. He can talk. His speeches have points and are rational, full of punch.
3. He has style. He likes to talk on stage in white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, left hand or both hands lifted while he was talking. This gesture gave people impression that he is a capable guy, more like he is from white collar working group, not a politician. Watching him giving speech on stage is enjoyable, at least his physical looks fit and has no big tummy (while watching John McCain giving speech is a pain 'cos his body is so stiff, the neck can't really move).
4. His eyes talk. He is calm and has that Tony Leung's eyes that tell people that he is a deep thinker, so intense. His eyes also tell people that he is keen, passionate, sincere and understanding.
5. He knows when to show his charming smile.

His background:
1. He is half black and half white, not fully black. (can get support from both)
2. He is highly educated, graduated from Harvard Law. (can convince and lead smart educated group).
3. His multi-nationality/race family - Father from Kenya, Mother from Honolulu, lived in Indonesia and has a half indonesian sister who was married to a chinese, and 6 african brothers & sisters etc. (can almost win support from all races world wide)
4. He is married with kids. The wife is also highly educated, graduated from both Princeton Law and Harvard Law School. (can get support from family oriented group and career women group)
5. He is young, enthusiastic and open-minded. (can win the support from younger voters)
6. He came from an ordinary family, not from rich or famous. His dad is not a CEO of big company, mum is not some famous man's daughter, they don't own a lot of properties. He is just an ordinary man like most of us, who cares and strives hard to excel. (this is by far the background that can win him the biggest support, i.e. from the average group. Yes he is ordinary but he dares to challenge himself and manage to break through!)

So in short, his 'coverage' is definitely much wider than Celcom, Maxis or Digi. Everyone just feels like they are somehow related to him...hahaha.

Well, I just quite can't find any flaw in this guy's look or background, except for his lack of experience in politics as claimed. Being black, to me and most people is not a problem nowadays, as long as he doesn't behave like a black gangster.

The only group that probably will not support him is the traditional old thinking conservative Americans who can't relate themselves strongly to any of the above. This is exactly reflected in the votes distribution, i.e. the central part of America mostly voted for McCain.

However there are still some other major factors that can switch some of these votes toward him:
1. In fact the most critical factor that Obama can win this election is because of he represents Democratic Party and McCain represents Republican. In fact anyone (e.g. Hillary Clinton) who represents Democratic this round has a higher chance of winning. Why? Well, the timing this round definitely favors Democratic - economy down turn, Iraq war, unemployment etc... all are from the report card under the leadership of Bush from the Republican. So who dares to risk another 4 years betting their nation's fate on this Party??
2. Historically, the controlling party usually alternates every 8 years. So I guess this round is the time to swap, after 8 years of Republican, it's time for Democratic. It may not be the case if this was 4 years ago as that was not the time yet.

Well for me, if I vote for Obama is mainly b'cos:

1. He is much more charming than his opponent McCain who looks so old, so stiff and talks without any new ideas (I prefer to close my eyes when listening to McCain, 'cos his physical is a bit disturbing).
2. Obama convinced me that he will spend time to study the current messy situation in the U.S. carefully, talk to the right people and try to solve the problems one by one.
3. Most importantly, his political stand point is not so 'Bush' or 'Republican'. (i.e. big American egoists who think they are the heroes for human rights and can simply invade other countries to interfere this and that... I really hate that!!!!!) Obama did say there is no one country in the history that can apply its military power on other countries when itself is in crisis. That's such a wise comment. Wake up, the rest of Americans who are still dreaming that they are the GOD of this world!!

Well, I probably won't vote for Obama b'cos of the policies he put on the table as I don't really know how it works by listening to the surface introduction in those debates. Both McCain and him just seem to be issuing blank cheques and giving empty promises. They did not sound like they have looked into the issues detail enough to come out with sound proposals.

Well, let's see if Obama is capable of really study each issue and come out with some new ideas. At least he looks like he is capable of doing so.

~ End of Jo talking politics ~

2 comments:

Nomad said...

He is not my fav candidate and I am not conservative nor cowboy...

Before the fact that people are so sold by his "socialism" and "idealistic" robinhood guise, I think it will do alot of good to read more about what he did, or did not way before he ran for this presidency, to understand why there remain people who will not vote for him, and its not about racism, which has been so much hype.

He is chicago "trained", under the tutorage of many known corrupted "mentors". The people who had helped to advise him in his campaigns include the very people who brought down Fannie M and Fredie M.

The credit cris is not started by Bush, though he prob did not help to nip it. The whole freaking mess comes from Demorat's push for "robinhood" for enabling the less able / poor credit to buy houses, VETO Republicans call for more control and checks to loan. And in early 2008, the same fking moron democrat representative was seen on media footage/ interview that Freddie m and Fannie M are set to be good and people have nothing to worry about, and then when the instituition collapsed, the same asshole DENIED on TV he even assured people everythin was ok. And guess what, stupid americans voted this jackass back into the party.

I may not have ALL the glory details since I am not a news reporter but I think I read enough of the other side of the coin. but yes, democrats in its push for "wanting to help" has set the ball rolling for this subprime mess.

Obama reminds me of the "president" in Independence Day Movie. Everytime When i see him talk, good he is i credit him, but all i see, is a reminder of the scene in the movie where the actor said "Today, It is INDEPENDENCE DAY!" The kind of blind conviction and patriotic passion. Whether he has the ability to really lead the country is yet to be seen, and let's just say I pray for the rest of us, I hope he does.....

Anonymous said...

If the current subprime mess was a result of Democrat's push and the Republicans called for more control/checking on loan, then I am very surprise why this was not mentioned during any of the debates or made the headline of Republican's campaign. McCain has tried really hard to attack Obama/Obama's policies rather than discussing his own during the debates, this one would be a KO kick on Obama, no reason McCain kept quiet on it.

Anyway, I am not a supporter of Obama ('cos U.S. is none of my biz...haha). I just analyzed from a 3rd party point of view of why Obama won instead of McCain (as usual, just kepo).

Personally speaking, I don't have good impression on Obama b'cos I think he is a great opportunist, simply too smart to know what to do/say everytime and he made alliance with all kinds of people, and denied it when it does not benefit his interest. That, is dangerous if he does not have integrity, which is yet to find out.

However by watching the debates, I just couldn't imagine myself casting my vote on McCain, as he only attacks but didn't show much rational on the things he talked. So in comparison, Obama is a better candidate I think.