Saturday, May 03, 2008

London - Part II

...Continue...

From the Tower Hill Station, I took a tube to the Victoria Station and walked towards Buckingham Palace located in between Green Park and St. James's Park.

I was amazed at how little things have changed in London after so many years, at least all these places still look the same.









Queen Victoria is still sitting here right in front of the palace:




However this is something interesting... The Buckingham Palace is now guarded by a Chinese soldier... guess chinese are really everywhere nowadays...





Evening view at the Green Park:




As it's getting dark, I quickly got away from the quiet park (some safety precautions I learned as a single female traveler), walked into the Green Park Station and took a tube to the next stop - Piccadilly Circus, a place where I have always been looking forward to revisit after all these years.


Introducing to you Piccardily Circus...






Oh my god, this steak house with all red sofa is still there!!! I used to have dinner at this restaurant, watching the double decker red buses passing by... that's when I was young...haha nostalgia...







Piccardilly Circus is certainly one of the most happening places in London at night. Neon lights, restaurants, theatres, shops, shoppers, street performers... it's definitely a good place to 'lepak', shopping and people watching... this is a place where you can find some good looking and fashionable people...








What do you think?? It's pretty cool huh!!...

I just love these two long curvy rows of buildings, the dark blue sky and the moon above so so much. It's definitely a good subject matter for a photography lover. This is when I really regretted I didn't bring along my Nikon D80, the tripod and my photography 'kaki' together with me on this trip...






The Regent Street between Piccardilly Circus and Oxford Circus is quite a long walk. This is the street where you can find all the big names at both sides of the street. These stores of the famous brands are all huge.




As it's getting dark (my Canon G9 is not capable of taking good night pix) and I was getting hungry, I decided to get my dinner and call it a night. That's all for London from me. May be we can go together next time, yeah??

Suitable candidates must have the following attributes though : Independent, flexible, fun loving, easy going, love photography. The 'must-not-have' attributes are: calculative, fussy, bad temper, selfish, demanding, controlling... that's all I guess. Let me know if you fulfill the above requirements, then we shall plan a trip to somewhere together. Sure it will be fun, especially with a cool, smart, entertaining yet inspiring traveling companion like me...hahaha.

2 comments:

jÖu ~ said...

*ai-si* i have ALL your must-not-have attributes. HAHA! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh well, sorry. Next, please!