Saturday, March 10, 2007

Congratulations Pig Pig!!

Tonight we had our club's election for incoming B.O.D.. Congratulations to Pig Pig for becoming our new President!!!

I am happy but to be honest, I was worried before the election. Happy that Pig Pig has the chance to experience this interesting yet challenging new role. Deep down I wish her do well and enjoy her year as a president. In fact, President role is a role that is just so different from any other B.O.D. positions. Only those who have experienced it before knows the actual difference. If you talk to any of the past Presidents, I am sure they will have much much more interesting stories and experience to share than the ordinary B.O.D. or members.

I think Pig Pig's strengths are... she is very patient, neutral and easy going. I also know she has a very kind heart and won't hesitate to contribute to charity work. She also has her own opinions towards charity and we can trust her as a 'pure' charity worker. With a heart like this, sometimes we may see something inspiring and extraordinary to happen.

At the same time, I have worries too. Mainly worry about her communication and PR skill. In view of this, others will definitely try to help her up. However I wish she can have her own character shines, instead of being outshined, driven and dominated by other's opinions all the time.

Anyway, I'll try not to worry too much. I think what I'll do to help her up is to share with her my opinion and experience, but I'll let her decide what she would like to do. I hope others will do the same too.

Pig Pig, if you see me after giving my inputs just go watch tv and do not seem to care much, you should understand what I'm trying to do... Deep down, I wish you grow to become a good leader and an independent decision maker. I believe you can.

Wish you have a great presidential year!!!

3 comments:

Ah Dom said...

Congratulation Jenny! You finally make it to the top. I feel proud of you and I have full faith and confidence that you will do well. Like what Jo said, just be yourself. My advice for you is just have fun and no need to stress yourself out. Do your best and any problem, do look out for Jo and BBPP. Eventhough I am no where near Past President, I know it's tough and needs lots of decision making and self judgement. It's ok, I am sure you will get there if not already. Hope to see you in HK next Sunday and Take Care.

Anonymous said...

i may not be fully capable , but will be responsible to do so.

keep your kind heart go on and the passion to serve.

Ah Dom said...

Bay Ta Han. Talk like a president now.