Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Anego in Action...

I am very busy lately... busy on what?? Today I found out why I have been so busy everyday... I am becoming exactly an Anego (big sister in japanese) in the office nowadays.

Let me show you what I'm busy doing today:

1. Helped R&D to solve low yield issue on one korean device.
2. Helped to find root cause on one taiwanese device.
3. Helped others to look into some electrical failures.
4. Helped my junior to create an excel macro.
5. Helped inline QA engineer to scan through some data and tell him what the problems are.
6. Sat in a CCB meeting to give technical input.
7. Held discussion with operation engineers and PI on new yield improvement direction.
8. Wrapped up engineering change proposal report for a meeting I chaired yesterday.
9. Sat down to go through my to-do-list and delegate tasks to my engineer.
10. Gave advice to my engineer on his job direction.
11. Answered query from Defect Management on defect density calculation.
12. Helped my engineer to look into the need of retargeting inline Cpk for all the devices under our account.

Basically I hardly have time to drink water or go to the toilet. Yes, I am very busy indeed but I kind of enjoy it as most of the people tend to look for me for direction, advice, technical input and help. That makes me feel needed even though some of the things are not really within my job scope.

Just now before leaving the office, I sat there on my chair and thought about just what role I'm playing in the office everyday. Suddenly that 'Anego' (big sister) character in a japanese drama appears in my mind. Yes, I'm exactly like that Anego as what my friend Ying described me before, I'm a big 'kepo mah'.

Well, look at it from another angle, it also means I'm an approachable and helpful person which can give sound advice.

6 comments:

Ah Dom said...

No doubt that you are a very capable person. That's why I always tell you don't worry to move on coz people will be more than happy to employ a brainy kay po ma.

jÖu ~ said...

my advice? invest more time in your life than in your work. it's time.

come, i bring u go fix ur taxi light. HAHHAHA....ill use multicolor one.

jÖu ~ said...

on 2nd thought- i'll add some sirens for u too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha... you are the only friend who cares so much about my love life.

Anonymous said...

Sounds very satisfying at work for you. I think your nature fits in with being an anego so by all means. Don't forget to drink more water or go to the toilet though, it's "crucial". =)

Anonymous said...

haha, i just realised how long i haven't been looking at your blog...
and i guess, you still haven't watched the 'Anego' show right? ^_^

Love is Vitamin C

another recommendation to you is "Supplement", ie. for capable women, love/men is a supplement in life... but the guy is not that cute as the guy in 'Anego' ^_^

anyway, yep, my work has been quite busy lately, the only thing i can make sure, is to drink enough water...

not until the end,
old old, poor poor, + unhealthy