Monday, January 22, 2007

VSS... Dreams...

I heard a news today that my company is going to offer VSS (voluntary separation scheme) to some of the selected employees... I'm thinking should I go for it?

The deal I heard is that the company is going to pay 1.5 month for every year of service + 3 months (3 months notice). A lot of people in my department were very worried to hear the news. I have mix feelings.

Well, I have always wanted to quit my job. Now that they offer VSS means I can get compensation, at the same time leave the company without giving 3 months notice. Sounds good to me... However if I can't get a job in Kuching, I'll have to leave for another place. Normally my market worth should be okay but now with the same job market but so many supply of human resources, my package offer may be affected.

Well, may be I should start looking into setting up my own business cos' according to fortune teller, I will setup my own company in the future and get rich. May be it's fated that way really... hohoho how I wish.

What will I do if I take the VSS...

1) Spend few months traveling around. Go to Europe, Bali, Sydney (to visit my bro) & NZ (to visit my another bro).

2) Look for a job in a new place that I like or,

3) Think of business idea and look for business partners. Get it going - find a place, setup office, setup PC, hire assistants if needed, then start to engage customers. After everything is set, the $$$ keeps flowing in... wowowowowowow!!

4) Then the business and $$$ runs for itself, and everyday I just do networking with people at kopitiam or fly oversea for spaghetti, coffee or sushi... hahahaha.

How I wish that turns real, then I will sure get a mountain of coins to bury my bosses now... kakaka... go crazy just by imagining it...

7 comments:

Ah Dom said...

Jo.. I think you are a very smart girl and have contributed dramatically to the company. With this kind of treasure, I don't think the company will let you go. Not unless your direct superior does not like you and wish you to leave right at this moment. VSS is normally meant for those that are not productive and that the company can live without them. From my own perspective, I think you are a treasure. Anyway it all depends on your boss. If you don't like your job and your boss allow u to take it, then I think you should go ahead and continue pursuing your dreams and plan. Don't just dream, pursue! I am very high confident in you and I am 101% sure you will be a very successful women and wife in future!! Good Luck my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Treasure means nothing, one day they will still get rid of me when I'm older and slower. So better plan for my own future, engineering field is very cruel and fast changing nowadays.

Ah Dom said...

Then I guess you know what is the answer to your question already. So be it and pursue!! I want to see all my friends becoming very successful.

Anonymous said...

Need to have solid idea if really go for business, otherwise can end up 'jiak lao bi' (eat old rice)... but quite nice to think about it.

Anonymous said...

All your plans sound great and they work in order too!!! hehe.
I guess with your network of friends in kch, it'd help in you setting up a new business (new hobby?).
I'd say, go for it girl.
When you go to visit your bro in sydn, it may pay a trip down to melb to visit your old friends again. yeah!

Anonymous said...

ya, i guess, it'll be tough for you to take the VSS happily and go, don't think they'll want to release you... then, what are you going to do???
but if you get the money, then... i reckon you'd better start brain-storming and see what you should do to start up a business... putting the 'travel' part aside first, as you yourself said, you don't want to 'jiak lao bi'...

Anonymous said...

Yeap, today the VSS announcement is out. After the announcement, my boss simply said 'Don't even think about it, I won't approve'.

He actually simply plays bully. This is very selfish as he would rather one quit later without anything rather than let ppl go now with some compensation. He just cares about covering his own butt, and make everyone works like a horse for him cos' he knows nothing technically.