Saturday, January 06, 2007

Holiday...

It’s holiday season last month… so my electronic devices and network decided to go on ‘holiday’ too. First my broadband applied for 3 weeks leave. Then my phone line found out and felt envy at it so it just went on strike and quit working. As I can’t blog at home, I thought I might just make myself a couch potato by watching the pirated DVDs. However after working ‘OT’ for few nights on Christmas and New Year breaks, my DVD player decided to quit on me too. Next… what’s next… nothing, I’ve got nothing to do at home except watching Astro and reading magazines.

I called the broadband provider N number of times in the past 3 weeks, which they called my condo management and asked them to fix the phone line, then my condo management called me so that I could called the broadband provider to come and fix it. I went on this ‘Amazing Race’ for 3 weeks and eventually went mad. Seems like patience just won’t make things work. So I called to shout at the provider, screwed and screwed them until they finally came and fixed it today. Here, my golden piece of advice, where things just don’t work, try using violence.

Regarding my DVD player, instead of getting it fixed, I went to Sony and got a brand new one which guarantees to play even scratch/damage discs. It can play all kinds of format. On top of that, it offers karaoke function too. All for just RM429.

Ended up I was so busy today, watching DVDs, singing karaoke, cooking and now blogging. Anyway, ‘YO!’ everyone, I’m back!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good that you are back!
I was waiting day and night for new articles from you. Not like PP, I already give up hope persuading.
Looks like all your electronic reached their expiry date on New Year huh.
Mine is my VAIO but I managed to resolve the problem after I gave it a trial and error experiment.

Anonymous said...

sama sama lah... i talked to those electronic or computer people, they said, nowadays, nothing will last more than 3 years, they purposely designed the appliances to last for just 2-3 years, for them to push their next new products... i also bought another new DVD, but not sony, i bought philips, cheapest, cos, my previous one is JVC home theater... don't want to spend more on these..

hehe, i can reply, cos, finally my streamyx is up