Starting few months ago, I started to watch National Geographic channel on regular basis. It covers things that attract me very much, mostly science related, from natural disasters, plane crash investigation, the beginning and end of universe, the UFO, the animal’s nature, forensic investigation etc… cool.
I ever heard that only guys love to watch NGEO, guess it’s wrong or may be my interest is more guyish. I like to watch the stories and tell my engineers second day in the office, they also find it very inspiring and keep asking questions. I feel like I’m becoming a NGEO’s spokeswoman… hehe may be I just enjoy to play the role as a knowledgeable story teller.
Do u know any girl out there who likes to watch NGEO?
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
dear... (sigh...)
people have been watching national geographic zillion years ago already lah!!! plus the discovery channels!!! ^_^V
but i'm not a fan of animal planets, cos, i don't like animals, so, usually, i don't watch the animal parts (on discovery and national geographic) and about machines, while the rest, mostly i sapu, ya, plane crash investigation, train crash, major flood and 'finding adam', rebuild of a city after a disaster, and so on... :-) they're all very good and interesting and informative..
:-)
oh, also, i skip the king tuk from egypt as well... they've been showing that too often and too much sometimes, 'beh tahan'...
and if you want to further your 'interest' you can search for newscientist magazine, also very easy and more informative to read!!!
Does the Travel & Food Channel count?? *giggles* that's my fav now! ;)
Travel and Living is one of my favorites too but can't watch it all the time or else I'll lose senses.
Yeap I watch both NGEO and Discovery but I prefer the topics in NGEO cos' Discovery sometimes covers too much of robotic which I'm not really interested. I especially like those on NGEO that talk about alien, the evolution of mankind and the universe, very inspiring.
Last night I switched between 'Triumph of Life: Eternal Arms Race' on NGEO and 'Meerkat Manner' on APL till 4-5 a.m. and dozed off on the sofa...getting old hahaha...
yorr!! meerkat manner showed many time already, ya, like you, i'll dose off, but before i dose off, i'd have already found something somewhere on other channels...
both sama sama i also like lah.. :-) did you watch one of the programme, (can't remember discovery or NGEO lah) narrated by joan cheng, about the qing dynasty... quite interesting also, can't remember what the title is, about the forbidden city one lah!!
Yeah, u really r my type of person. So I'm a normal female I guess, not too guyish. Yesterday during the hang out with the chabos, I was trying to tell some stories in NGEO but those girls just didn't seem to be interested... guess u and me should have a meet up just to talk about NGEO programmes... hahaha.
I believe I have watched that episode about the Qing Dynasty too. Last night I watched the episode about ppl from different places talking about their experience of being visited and carried away by alien to perform experiment. It was very spooky till I didn't dare to look at it. Somehow I believe it did happen. Imagine if we have the ability to fly to another planet, we will hide ourselves first then take some samples from the species there to perform experiments too, for e.g. compare the gene and cell structure etc.
Post a Comment