Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Year Resolution


Come to conclude my 2006, it wasn’t that bad really:
1. My dad’s heart operation went successful, a great relief to the whole family.
2. I got a promotion and salary increment last year.
3. I manage to close my 2006 financial account with >10% return from my investment as I planned in the beginning of 2006.
4. Hit my saving target.
5. Visited Australia and met up with my beloved old school mates and Jou, the timing was not bad, I get to meet up with Betty, Rita and Ying and had a wonderful time there.
6. Learned Chinese computer typing, as planned.
7. Bought a new handphone and a laptop.

What didn’t I achieve:
1. Read at least 1 book every month. I only read 4-5 books in 1 whole year. Just so lazy to read nowadays.
2. Plan for my own business. Still haven’t come out with a sound idea.
3. Hit my target weight. I gained weight instead of losing… goodness.

So my 2007 resolutions are (similar to last year):
Personal Development:
1. Read at least 1 book every month.
2. Learn 1 new skill/new sport.
3. Study investment.

Family & Personal
1. Spend more time with my mum and dad.
2. To hit my target weight.

Financial:
1. To plan for my own business.
2. To gain >10% return from my investment.
3. To hit my new saving target.

Fun & Adventure
1. Traveling - visit at least 1 major city/attraction.

Hope I can have a happy and well balanced year in 2007!

p/s: Jou, you too. 2007 will be a good year, trust me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I luv the pictures. So merry and happy.
I was worst than you. Didn't even read a single book. Just magazines.
So my resolution is to read at least 5 self improvement books this yr.
Currently i m already reading six sigma.

Anyway, let us all make it a great year for us.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't even finish ONE single book last year. Most of the books i 'read' at bedtime are with lots of pictures, eg. cookbooks hahaha

I feel very ashamed when reading about your new year's resolution. I've just let the past years passing by without setting any goals. But this year leh, i secretly set 2 goals (yep that's a LOT for me already ok), and really hope that i can stick to them.

Anonymous said...

yah, i know, i can feel it already! ;)