2 year ago, I had a new boss that led many people quited their job. After a year of suffering, just when I started to think about quiting my job, the company merged with a Germany company. The management was restructured and my boss was replaced by my current management. Things get better, but still I thought of quiting my job.
This week, my company announced VSS. I applied but I was told by my boss and director that the chance for me to be approved is slim. However this time it triggers me to seriously think about leaving my job, and my bosses are now awared of it. It puts me at the edge of deciding when I should tender my letter, even if without the VSS compensation.
A fortune teller once told me that I will set up my own company at the age of 35. His words somehow register in my mind. However I was living in my comfort zone that I was too lazy to do anything towards that direction. Days went by and things keep happening in a way like messages to push me toward leaving the current job. I don't know why... is everything already designed and pathed that way for me? Should I take the words from a fortune teller seriously?
I have worked in engineering field for almost 10 years now. My daily routine was to get out of bed early in the morning and go to work. My work involves sitting in front of a computer whole day long, as well as interacting with whole bunch of people in the office. Both my previous and current jobs are of similar nature which makes me very used to this kind of life style. Even though there are many issues happening everyday requires my urgent attention which can be quite stressful, my job does not require me to use much physical strength, just stressing my brain. It was not too bad.
If I were to quit my job and start something new on my own, life can be quite tough. It requires full self descipline and money won't come easily without putting in effort. Guess that's the pro of working for others, at least I won't have to worry too much about the business, just get my work done and go home.
These few days, I couldn't focus fully at work. I kept imagining my live after leaving my current job and start a brand new one on my own alone. Somehow I am quite hesitated. Leaving a comfort zone is just not so easy. However stay on in this comfort zone bores me and I am not seeing myself going anywhere in the next 5 years. Well I look back to my previous 10 years, I don't think I would want to repeat doing the same thing for the next 5-10 years.
Standing at a cross road, I don't know what to do, where to go next... Should I just let loose and go with the flow and see where it brings me?... If I stay on my current job, what will happen in the next few months? Will more signals appear to alert me to kick my ass out of my comfort zone?? I really don't know...
3 comments:
It is not easy to make a decision especially if it concerns your future. Sometimes if you think for a minute you will know that Managers are paid to make decision. No matter how poor the decision can be. It is also not easy to leave your comfort zone. If it is easy, then you will not be using the word comfort. Sometimes we just need to let go of the old before we can feel the new life. If we stick to the old, then that's it I guess. You will not know what it will be like if.... Anyway, it's your own decision. As your good friend, my personal advice is to pursue what you really want in life.
Thanks. I guess I'm having mid life crisis...hahaha.
maybe this is the push u needed to take tat next step....
Post a Comment