Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Brad Pitt?? Prince Charles??

Today is another strange day…

Before I tell my story, I would like to post the first question to you all:

What was the most awkward situation/moment that you have ever come across?

Ok, now let me share with you mine which has just happened today… (be prepared on what you gonna hear)…

As you all know, today is the second day of Hari Raya which in fact has not much meaning to me except that it’s a public holiday which I don’t have to go to work... *hooray!* So I decided to do my ‘monthly maintenance’ i.e. to go to the saloon to get my hair trimmed and dyed.

Before that I went to somewhere nearby my house for breakfast. On the way, there was this sudden flash in my mind about this person that I haven’t met for some time. Strange that he suddenly appeared in my mind. Anyway I didn’t think much about it at that time.

After breakfast I drove to the saloon. The instant I stepped into the saloon, I saw the same face that flashed thru my mind this morning... I was shocked for a second before I confirmed that I really do have some kind of telepathic power. I should have known what’s gonna happen today. Well, guess who I met??

It’s him, my ex-bf. It has been a while since we last met. He seems to have put on some weight, losing quite a bit of hair... Somehow he looks more shocked than me. He was sitting there, seems like waiting for someone. Right away I knew who he was waiting for… Hehe, that raised my enormous curiosity as I haven’t met his new g.f. before. So I immediately turned on my ‘radar scan’, scanning across the customers. I was expecting to find someone like Elizabeth Hurley or Karen Mok. Let me see, there were only 3 lady customers in the Saloon at that time, one looks a bit like Siti Nurhaliza, one looks a bit like a mixture of Chinese version of Drew Barrymore + Kathy Bates, another one looks like my Korean neighbor’s beautiful wife.

Due to my kay-po nature, I went to chat with him and asked which one is his new g.f.. He was a bit pai-seh and asked me to guess. I first guessed it’s Siti which he shook his head. Then I guessed it’s my neighbor’s wife which he shook his head again. So I see, it’s that D.B. + K.B......

So I sat back to my seat and started reading magazines. Then this saloon lady came and asked me if I know the man I just talked to. Then she asked if that’s his wife. I just told her those are my friends. When it came to my turn for hair cut, the hair dresser asked me about that guy… He seems confused. Then I realized they have all seen him with me at the saloon before when we were still together…

Suddenly I noticed the uncomfortable silence and starring going on inside the saloon... from the saloon ladies, the hair dresser, my ex-bf and his g.f.... Omg, am I suppose to look as puzzled as them all? Yeah, come to think about it, it’s kind of an embarrassing situation - the ex-gf bumped into her ex-bf with his new g.f. at an old time saloon… Wow, it’s like a drama hoh.

Then I started to think to myself… “How come my life just seems so dramatic over the past few years??… which I didn’t plan for it at all!”… Guess God just LOVES to make jokes on me.

I did think of the situation if I do bump into my ex with his new g.f. one day, how would I feel and what would the situation be like? Well today I got the answer. Somehow I was quite thankful to my cheerful and open nature, as well as my not-so-bad self-esteem. I am glad that I didn’t act like a little jealous ex, or like a pityful Jennifer Aniston. I just felt kind of funny and kept laughing to myself. Guess I’m totally over with my past feelings for this guy.

So here come the second question to you all:

How would you feel if you bump into your ex with his new g.f. and what will you do?

Do let me know.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMIGOD, i can't imagine what tat would be like. but take Jen Aniston's advice- find a new (great and better guy) and then, 'accidently' bump into the ex. maybe sometimes the best way to get over someone is with someone else? sad but true. doesn't mean we always need someone in our life, but we gotta give ourselves that chance to experience all that again, no matter how scared we are to be hurt again. like i said before- "it's better to love and lost, than to have never loved before".

Anonymous said...

btw- you're not the only person GOD's playing tricks on. for me- it's been my whole life, but more so this year than ever. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

When you say chinese version of Drew Barrymore + Katy Bates, does it mean that she is like having a plump face? Drew Barrymore is loving and bak bak. Katy Bates seems a bit eerie though.

In a way that drama is actually good coz it tells you that you already get over your past. So now you can start a real new chapter of your life. If I am in that situation, I might just greet my ex then quiet for the rest of the show. We cannot stop gossip anyway.

Friendship and Relationship are always the two hardest elements to resolve if there is a breakdown. :)

Anonymous said...

your willingness to share this on your blog tells us that you're open and ok about what happened.
But truthfully, would hate to be in that situation.
But that 'flash' on your mind b4 you even saw him, was pretty alarming.
But knowing he's now going out with a barrymore/kathy bates(i'm thinking this in a 'negative' way) ..hahaha serve him right. But also seems like age has caught up with him, ie. plumper/less hair, he's come to terms to find a more 'realistic' gf. Disliked the way he used to judge your appearance. Who did he think he was.

but to answer your q, if i see ex in a far distance, i'd walk away. If i bumped into ex like your situation, i would just say hi then walk away/sit somewhere fr a distance. Yes will be curious to know how good/bad the ex is doing, but i'd rather cut off the tie.

Tea said...

is good to know that you have get over it and you have managed the situation well. Past is past and let it be the past. Cheers!

Tea said...

is good to know that you have get over it and you have managed the situation well. Past is past and let it be the past. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

haha, ya, you do have great psychic power... that's the sixth sense, obviously your antennas are longer than the rest : )
haha, from what i see is, God maybe is trying to communicate with you : ) so, you gotta stretch your antennas even further...

anyway, to answer your question---> no answer, cos, my love life is not as dramatic as yours.. : ) aiya! you know lah...

but i'm glad that you really have got over it already, and to sound childish, you're still good and available, look at your pictures now, and try to imagine his look that you've just describe... oh no!!! he's not THE most available and wanted bachelor anymore!!!! ^_^

but it really make me wonder, kuching soooo small meh?

Anonymous said...

oh ya, seems like 'love life' column is always more popular huh?? ^o^ so many responses!!! kakakakaka!!!

Anonymous said...

Kch is small but not that small. Timing is an amazing thing really. Time+space+people makes this world the way it is.

jOu, God plays tricks on you or it's just how you perceive it? I wish my cases are just imagination but they are real. Sometimes I thought those are dreams, that's why I wrote down in my blog, see if anyone leaves comment. When I see comments, it means it's not a dream... haha, just kidding lah.

Anonymous said...

Anyway, dunno why, I feel kind of relieved. After seeing him with his new g.f., I actually felt happy which I'm trying to figure out why. I think according to Buddism, if you owed someone in your last life, you will pay off this life. I actually feel like I owed him last life but have now paid off everything. So I'm totally 'released'... very happy.

I don't think anyone can understand this feeling.

jÖu ~ said...

hot topic man!!! ;))))))

i'm glad u're so 'at peace' with this now, and i think uve finally been able to put this behind you.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

hahaha, just a question, i know you've got over it already... what if???
what happen if... the moment you see him, he's even more handsome than before, and his look glows, and the girlfriend really looks drop-dead gorgeous???
hehe, just a thought.. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Good question, I have actually thought about that. I imagined seeing a gorgeous couple and asked myself how I would feel. To be honest, I will still feel reliefed kos that means they are meant for each other.

Now I recalled that day when he came to introduced his g.f. to me, I was having my hair dyed and was sitting there waiting for it to be washed. In fact I looked very funny. Somehow I don't feel bad about it at all, meaning I don't mind to look ugly in front of them. As deep down I'm quite happy with the way I'm now. It's the inner peace and self confidence that give me the strength in facing whatever the situation around. It's a growth for me, and I know I'm more mature now :)

Anonymous said...

Good Anwer!! ^_^V
you've not just got over the matter, but rather, got over the outer look concern in this matter ^_^
good for you also, now you can simply kick anybody's ass already!!