Monday, October 02, 2006

Baby Jo is sick…

It all started yesterday… I woke up finding myself having sore throat. At the same time, my left shoulder was very painful. I also sneezed N number of times which I blamed it on the heavy haze outside.

I think my body is kind of ‘heaty’ so I had 4 glasses of honey yesterday, hoping that the sore throat will go away. However not only it didn’t go away, but last night I started to have running nose, stomach ache and at the same time, the shoulder pain persisted.

This morning I woke up… well, I have sore throat + running nose + blocking ears + crying eyes + shoulder pain + stomach ache + endless sneezes + dry coughs… well I think Baby Jo is sick…so I decided to rest at home. I had another glass of honey and went to sleep. When I woke up, it’s the same thing but more to it, I started to have whole body ache…

I tried to apply my mind power to forget about all my pain. So I sat there and started to watch tv… After 2 hours watching tv, Baby Jo started to look like a zombie… What was killing Baby Jo was her shoulder pain, which makes her don’t know if to sit or sleep as the pain is just...not going away. So she gave up using her mind power and went to see a doctor instead.

At the clinic, while waiting for the doctor, something caught Baby Jo’s eyes:


This clinic is looking for a ‘female clinic ass’…heheh kind of funny (苦中作樂).

When it came to her turn, the doctor saw this familiar face. Well it’s familiar to him because Baby Jo visited him almost every 1-2 months, most of the time it’s because of period pain. This doctor has an attitude that he normally looks like he is suspecting the patient for pretending sick in order to get sick leave from him. So he asked her “What’s the problem?”. Baby Jo started her defending talk in front of this jury: “Two things, first is my neck and shoulder, they started to ache a week ago, I couldn’t sleep and sit properly. Can you give me some pain killers?” He twisted her left hand here and there then said “Looks like you have sprained your neck, may be due to bad sleeping posture. Ok, I’ll give you pain killers and muscle pain relief pills”.

Good. Then Baby Jo told him “Second problem. Yesterday I started to have sore throat, running nose, blocking ears etc….” The doctor listened then confirmed “It’s flu. I will give you some pills and antibiotic for that. Any other problems?” Then she told him "I didn’t go to work today, please give me 1 day sick leave." He quietly agreed. Yippee, Baby Jo won!

After leaving the clinic, even though Baby Jo was still very sick, she started to think that she should not waste a non-working day. So she went to the bank and post office to get some personal things done. Then she went to a bakery to get some nice buns to fill her stomach. All by applying her mind power to sustain the pain. She has this secret believe that mind power can conquer physical pain. If she keeps herself busy and her mind occupied, then she will forget about her physical pain. It works sometimes, you should try.

Anyway, when I reached home and saw my lovely bed, I decided to give up and just pamper this sick Baby Jo and let her sleep for a while. When I took out the pills from the doctor… I thought to myself “How does my body know which pill is for what? Once they get into my stomach and got mixed, they are no longer flu pill, muscle pain relief pill, antibiotic etc. but it may become something like anti-flu relief or anti-pain relief... Then how can I be sure that the mixture won’t turn into some other toxic compound or have chemical reaction in my stomach?”



Anyway, I swallowed them all and went to sleep. The fact is that poor Baby Jo is very sick today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should drink more plain water instead of honey lemon. My whole body is itchy since last night... i think it was due to the heavy haze that started few days ago... This afternoon i actually "killed" two "toi-s" in company's toilet... Now i can be doctor for myself.. don't have to go c Doctor Chong to kill the new born tois..I hate haze!

Anonymous said...

ooi?? i thought your neck pain is 'fixed' by the 'sifu' in the SPA? ya loh... drinks lots and lots of water...!!! but then, you should catch lots of lots of sleep also...

reading your 'mind power'... ^_^ I reckon, you should go to India to pursue such course ^_^ ghee...

err... what 'toi-s'??

and for haze condition, i thought it's best if you stay indoor... better don't go out and inhale too much of it...

Anonymous said...

the haze looks pretty bad in the pics thus the air quality. Best just to stay inside the house/bed with air-cond on.
hope you've had a good day of rest both physically and mentally.
out of the office politics at least for a day.

Anonymous said...

jo- use my remedy. 2 litres of water a day, and honey/lemon whenever u can- rock honey's the best i find! ;) get well soon