Saturday, October 21, 2006

Time for a change??

It has been 2 weeks that I worked non-stop till 7-8 p.m. everyday. Just moved to a new office, with wider space, new colleagues, friendlier environment and better management. Even though there are tones of job everyday, I am actually happier than before. Guess it is a positive change.

Somehow deep down, my thought of leaving the current job still has not changed. Guess I am actually looking for a change in life, as my current life has been quite stagnant for a while, with most of the time spent on work everyday.

Last week, I read an email from my brother who has just migrated to Sydney. He has eventually made up his mind to leave his previous job in China and moved on to another new milestone. His direction is similar to mine, that is to seek for a more quality life style. Not like me, he is determine and fast to take action. Within months, he arranged for his move and is now settling down at his new destination.

He sounds happy with his current new life, which makes me think what move I should make for a better change. The thought has been there in my mind for quite sometime but I’m still here, procrastinating, doing something quite irrelevant to my ultimate goal, i.e. to live a better quality life.

Just what’s wrong with me, what am I doing really??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can it be a built in character of venus? Haha. I think your brother made a good move coz I am sure he can find a better balance in life. For me I am moving to NZ hopping for a better life too. Better life does not really mean lots of money. Like me, even I earn a bit more than last time, I don't feel that happy. I still prefer my life in Kuching. I choose NZ coz I love it there. I love the peace and simple life. It maybe boring after work but then you get a balance of work and personal pleasure.

You feel like not going anywhere maybe because you have a house and good friends in Kuching. It is always very difficult to make a big move. Who said it is easy?

Anyway, if you are not happy with something, I guess you need to try and "qiao qiao" it a bit.

Anonymous said...

Follow your heart. That's the most important.

Anonymous said...

i guess in the end, you just have to see what you value most!! in terms of job, or living, or whatever you're having, or not having at the moment... can't really compare to others, as for me, my friends are important, where my family is, is important, therefore, staying back in m'sia is THE option, there're people prefer $$$ life, there're people prefer peaceful and quiet life, there're people prefer life with good friends, there're people prefer life close with family, however, ^_^ 生活 = 選擇, 選擇了, 就是一生... just can't be too greedy ^_^V

Anonymous said...

there you go, your brother's move opens up another option for you. Sydney, not too far from us, you're always welcomed to move to somewhere closer to us, =)