How does being a President of a charitable organization feel like? Most of the time, I feel like a Stressident. Why? Kos I have to handle everyone's emotion.
- When there are no activities, members are bored so it's the Stressident's fault.
- When there are many activities, members complain too busy so it's the Stressident's fault.
- When the project didn't run well, it's the Stressident's fault.
- When the members' attendance is not good, it's the Stressident's fault.
- When some members are just unhappy, it's the Stressident's fault.
- When some business minded members think club is stupid not to use the public fund to generate more $, it's the Stressident who is stupid and stubborn.
- When some silly member wrote some silly email to tease the Stressident sarcastically, if she responds back, she is not a nice person. If she ignores it, the Stressident is too snobbish. Seems like Stressident = Soft Target.
- When the Stressident helps in a project too much, she is too bossy.
- If she does not help, she is useless.
- If she did well, is a must kos it's 'her club'.
- If she did not do well, everyone shakes their head: 'Oh too bad, she screws up.'
Feels like the club is one person's responsibility... To make everyone happy is the Stressident's job. Have to set direction, to drive, to plan, to foresee, to motivate, to praise, to monitor, to guide, to do the right thing, say the right words, to do time management, to manage meeting, to PR with other clubs and society, to attend all meetings and activities, to be there if others can't make it, to keep on thinking new ideas...
Gee, I miss a day not doing anything at all...
Frankly speaking, I haven't been killing so much of my brain cells after my college day. This recently I always woke up feeling brain exhausted. I now believe what a fortune teller once told me.... he told me to rest my mind kos if I keep on using my brain this way, I will forget all my friend's name when I'm old.
The other day, I was joking to Pig Pig that when I'm old, I'm gonna sit there not remembering anything but keeps murmuring about all the past club's projects & activities...hehehe... Recently when Bui Bui called me up, I sometimes pretend that I can't remember who she is... just to let her be prepared before the day comes eventually. Friends and members, please kindly forgive me if that day does come.
Thursday, December 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So you still want your friend to take up the Stressident job next year?
Yeah, I wish everyone tries it so that they can understand the unspoken bitterness...at that time, probably ppl will hug me in tears kos they eventually start to understand me more... hahaha. But I'll say it's a very good training ground for an individual. Go for it!!!
Post a Comment