I'm back but not for long kos I'm busy with my work. Busy busy busy...
Actually I have set my job to be of lower priority this year kos I think 'to do or not to do, the review has no difference'. The overall reward system is a crap. I feel like challenging my boss directly this year during my review that 'What does it take to get higher increment or promotion??' I think he will be stunned kos he only cares about himself, never really thought of his subordinates' welfare. Anyway, I'm not angry at him, kos there are lots of people like him. I have decided not to waste my enery getting angry at this kind of matters and at hatable people like this, kos it's not worth it. It's just myself getting angry. What for?
Well, talking about my job, I'm happy I plan my tasks well so I never really have to be vvvv. busy but this recently few customers have requests at the same time. I have delegated most of the tasks but I'm still left with a handful of them. So before I did much, I sat down and prioritized them one by one and there, I found that there is this internal customer, who really doesn't know what he wants kos he has a list of items every week for my group to do and it has been going on for months. So I had a talk with him, trying to find out his direction. He told a long story on how his theory should work but it didn't... blah blah blah. So I went on by query more... there I found that he doesn't really have any clear direction on where he is heading. He is trying his luck on everything and to keep the root cause finding mission going on and on every week. This week, he passed me 16 dies to work on, each can take up to 1/2 day of my time. I worked on 3 dies and I saw no point of doing the same things for so many dies kos what was to be found, was found. Just don't understand why it needs to be continued. So I chose to save my time by talking to him. Well, guess what, after one round of interaction (*deng deng* bell sound)... from now on, he will be the one who is going to do it in the lab kos I've taught him how to do it by himself! hahaha...
Today while I was teaching him in the lab, he told me in the end of the day that '...I didn't know all this setup takes time... but can you help me up again tomorrow?' Hey, I've actually learned how to use that piece of equipment in less than an hour time and I was with him whole day long teaching this guy how to use it but he still needs my help tomorrow!!! Hey hey hey... hold it there!!! #$^%*#$)()%^$@#$^%*.......... Calm down, calm down missy.... Ok, ok... I'll give him another 1/2 day time tomorrow and he will be on his own.
By the way... sometimes I'm quite impressed with my 'problem solving' skill. I should be given an award on this. Most of the time, we should not just work hard but should work smart.
Thursday, December 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
problem solving skills....hhmmm..got meh?? problem-enhancing skills got la...;)
Post a Comment