Saturday, January 10, 2009

'Kaki'

I found out why I am constantly busy busy busy. Well, I have too many 'kaki' (activity partners). I have :

1. tennis or table tennis 'kaki'
2. photography 'kaki'
3. club 'kaki' (also the outing 'kaki')
4. karaoke 'kaki'
5. lepak 'kaki' (coffee gang)
6. lunch 'kaki'

Still, I am planning to look for yoga & fitness 'kaki', as well as good traveling 'kaki' (this is really difficult to find).

My requirement for 'kaki' in general is quite simple, they have to enjoy that activity, got time to kill and not expecting too much from me. Some new 'kaki' joined the group but very soon, these people started to be too keen and asked me a lot of personal questions, or asked me to help them with this and that... just endless expectations on me.

Well, I must say I can't handle this, in fact I hate it, especially if I don't know them very well apart from going out together on the activity events. In that case, I will distance myself from these people 'cos I just hate to entertain expectations. Don't ask me why, I was borned this way I guess. To the people I like, I do not mind to do whatever for them. However for those who I sense that there are a lot of expectations or too keen, I will freak out and just run away.

Yeah, I am mean.

8 comments:

Nomad said...

Sama sama! I too feel the same way except i think my kakis over the years is dwindling with everyone increasingly occupied with their own family life, esp those with kids.

Between Pilates and Yoga, i like Pilates more because it has those reformer machines that tone your body more and I felt more stretched. Yoga is more like "peace of mind" and calmness and stretching. Of course there are those funky heat yoga which is way tooo experimental for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeap, a lot of kakis of my age are now busy with kids too. But I do make new friends from activities. So now my circle of friends is like rojak, 'macam-macam-ada'... I don't mind as long as they don't get 'too near'... haha, I'm 'kotak' I guess.

I am more particular about traveling companions... as it's easy to get to know a person from a trip, so I prefer to go with someone I enjoy being with, someone easy-going & not too fussy, so that I won't end up having a unpleasant trip.

Ah Dom said...

Am I categorise under 'Siam Pi' (Hokkien) or in one of your kaki? :P

Anonymous said...

U r such an 'old old old' pal already, what do you think??? Ok lah, 'SIAM'... hahaha.

Ah Dom said...

ai si...

Anonymous said...

jojobean...kotakjojo...jojokotakbean... :)

Anonymous said...

'Siam'!!!

Anonymous said...

Dirby = Dirty??