Tuesday, October 28, 2008

'Snake pox'

Last Sunday morning, I woke up with these rashes on my tummy. These rashes initially have golden pox growing in pairs (total 2 pairs + 1) and it's very itchy:


When my mum called me up at work yesterday morning, I told her about it. She said it sounds like 'snake pox' and asked me to go see a doctor. So I called my friend hoonster up, who called another friend up, who then called another friend up. Then I was told to meet with them after work to go see a chinese medicine doctor.


There after work, Pig Pig and I went to pick hoonster, the friend and the friend's friend up. Poor Pig Pig's 2 door coupe has to fit 5 'elephants' in it, and I sat at the back, 'kiap' between 2 elephants (reminds me of McD's burger but with double burger meat 'kiaping' a bun instead... kakaka).

I was told that that chinese medicine doctor is very popular. He usually starts to see patients at 7 p.m. sharp, usually there is a long queue so we need to go earlier. We were 3rd to arrive and waited from 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. before my turn. When I went in the room, that 60+ yr old doctor took a magnifying glass and checked those pox on my tummy. Then he concluded, "Yes, it's snake. This type is called flying snake". Then he went away to take some powder for me to apply.

Instruction: Use a cotton bud, soaks in chinese white wine and then apply some of these powder on the rashes. Last night I tried it, today the pox started to dry up but it's still very itchy.


That's all I have to share about my 'snake pox' experience. What I wanna say is that my friends are highly effective and the network coverage is proven wider than Celcom and Digi... You just name whatever help you need, there you go, the Digi yellow tubbies will appear and safe your life... cool!

8 comments:

jÖu ~ said...

ai si lo. contagious or not??? KIA SI LANG! :D tapi looks like mosquito bites wo

Anonymous said...

better liao?

Anonymous said...

I'm okay, no big deal lah, still as happy as usual :) Just that I probably can't wear bikini for some time :( ... haha.

Nomad said...

what is a snake pox??

Anonymous said...

Actually I created that 'snake pox' term myself. My mum and that chinese medicine doc called it 'snake'. Something like chicken pox that caused by toxin inside the body and will grow along the nerves. Supposingly if it goes one complete circle around the body, e.g. waist, then the person will die... (that's accordingly to my mum and frens... I dun quite believe it but I wouldn't dare to try to prove it).

Ah Dom said...

I think the terminology of snake is it will try and make a round on ur body. if it is successful, then 'deng deng...' that's it. this i what i heard from the older generation.

Nomad said...

No shit! so if i have never had chicken pox (my mum had chicken pox when i was still in her tummy..so i supposed have the strain in me already but am never brave enuff to go near chickenpox to test out the theory....), am i still a potiential victim?

So what are the symptoms? how do u catch it or ur body just develop??
Sounds scary man........... is there a proper scientific name to this ailment?

Anonymous said...

Same here, I haven't had my chicken pox yet. I am very scared of it so I went to have vaccine injection few years ago, but still I can develop this 'snake' thing. So guess it's not related. I dunno the scientific name lah, everybody calls it 'snake' here.