Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Waterfront night view from Kpg. Gersik

Last night, my friend called me up at 8 p.m.+ to go for photo shooting. I thought we were going to shoot one of the bridges by the river (oi guys, let's do that one day, shall we?!!). Anyway, we ended up at Kampung Gersik (across the river), which is facing the river and the Waterfront, cool... as I have not tried my new D80 at this spot yet.

Along the way to the jeti, we walked pass some stalls selling barbeque chicken wings and drinks... it's so distracting that a few of us joked about going for food instead of photo shooting... (but anyway, we gotta live up to our 'professional' look.)

Waterfront view:



Trying different white balance settings and exposures...




I know, I should not have cropped the top part of this building, it's a careless mistake...




Kampung Gersik:








Photo kaki in action...




New 'kids' on the block??


Finally at 11 p.m.+, we decided to pack and go home...



I don't like to do night photography 'cos I have to depend a lot on a tripod which limits me from doing a lot of spontaneous shooting. Hand held just won't work on a DSLR at night time unless with a powerful flash.

However I kinda like to hang out with this group of NKOTB, 'cos it's so funny, especially when one of them said 'The photos I took all look like shit except one, but it has got someone's butt sticking out at one of the corner'... hahaha... I just couldn't help LOL...

2 comments:

Ah Dom said...

PP taking photos also need to do the 'kettle post'...

Anonymous said...

No her pose is more like a English tea pot... hahaha... nice to see you on my blog again!