I have in total 5 consecutive days off in July (5th-9th) as the plant will be shut down for yearly maintenance... (YES!!) So I plan to go somewhere for a breakaway again... wohohohoho... My original plan was to go to Bali. Unfortunately I couldn't find a kaki who is free at that time.
As I have been a good daughter all this while, I decided to invite my mum to join me. Mum was quite excited at the beginning, but she has some concerns... that is not to leave my dad and her grand kids at home for too long. Dad didn't want to follow us so mum said, instead of going for 4-5 days, let's just go for max. 3D2N. Then she 'decided' instead of going to Bali, we will go to Genting... :(
Well, that differs quite a lot from my original plan but since she has her concern and preference and it's not that often I get the chance to spend time with her to be a good daughter, I agreed and volunteered to sponsor the whole trip. Well, that makes her happy.
After I booked the air ticket and hotel, just now she called me when I was having my Japanese dinner and told me that there is a little more 'side track' to our trip... My cousin (my aunt's daughter who is attending college in Sunway) will be going to K.L. on the same flight but her coursemate suddenly changes the flight so my cousin needs someone to accompany her on the taxi ride from KLIA to Sunway College... So to add on to our trip, instead of going straight from KLIA to Genting, we now need to take a taxi with my cousin to Sunway and then try to find another taxi that is willing to drive us to Genting from there... (I felt like my brain was suddenly attacked by strong wasabi).
When my mum was going on with 'her plan' on the line, my mind was somewhere else shooting the beautiful Bali beach... Well what can I say, it's always 'mah mah huan huan' when it comes to traveling with family.
My last hope is that my mum will not continue to volunteer other charity works, such as to carry food or books for her friend's son or daughter to K.L., or to meet up someone to pass something etc... as she is such a 'charitable figure' based on our family past history... Otherwise our 3D2N trip will probably become just another hectic 'busy-for-others-business' trip.
Fingers crossed X X
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
haaa haaa i was laughing sooooo hard at this post because it is such an exemplary charcteristics of mothers! I know my mum would do that too and all my beach hols plans never seem to take root because of that. So now i rather i help to share and pay with my brothers, and she go with her friends.
But seriously, Bali is only few hours away by plane and comparing to your car ride now, I reckon your trip to bali will be shoter in terms of journey time.... couldnt u convince your mum you really really really want to head to bali? It's more fun also and the beach scenic is gorgeous. I didnt like Ubud the city town but i hire a car halfway to drive me to the scenic spots to catch the sunset, I loved it! And massage by the open beach under a pavilion on the beach was heavenly.... and the seafood was amazing esp this placw called Kudeta resturant on the beach.... pity....
I know, this is just the right timing... 4-5 days, off peak, no need to apply leave... I have waited so long for this type of chance to go to Bali... Aiyo... I don't want to think about my Bali anymore, it causes this pain in my heart everytime I think of it.
Just look at the bright side, I still get 2-3 days off doing nothing but just spend time with my mum who enjoys to listen to the music from the slot machines... Actually come to think about it, it's quite cute to just watch her playing, especially looking at her expression, smiling at the machine and keep saying 'aiyo, ang jua aneh...', 'aiyo, aneh si wu boh??'... hahaha.
She would probably be bored if she was to watch me taking photo here and there. Also may be a bit tiring for her to walk here and there with me... too taxing for an old auntie.
(But still... I wish I could go to Bali lah!!!!....) :(
Jo, could u help me send a jar of home-made chilli sauce that has to be hand-carried to my cousin uncle's daughter's nephew's friend staying near Sunway Pyramid? LOL
Sure, no problem... since I am sending 4 chickens and 5 trays of eggs there anyway, u might as well just tumpang lah!
Post a Comment