Sunday, August 12, 2007

What do you think about Malaysian chinese?

I just went to youtube and watched Namewee's 'Negarakuku'. This guy really has gut, dares to modify our national anthem to joke about the inequality against chinese in our country. That makes me think how I feel being a Malaysian.

Generally I think Malaysian chinese are:
1. Friendly
2. A bit shy (pai seh pai seh)
3. Got very good language ability, multilingual
4. Very open and adaptive
5. Curious and kepo
6. Share similar Malaysian sense of humour
7. Down to earth, not pretentious
8. Not very handsome or pretty, not very fair due to the weather
9. Mostly wear glasses, thanks to SPM exam
10. Very warm to foreigners, show good hospitality
11. Have self confidence, comfortable with our own nationality (I can't tahan China chinese, they feel very 'low level' in front of Amo, but like to talk big about their nation at the back.)
12. Not that kiasu, quite happy go lucky

Actually I still got a long list to go on... but I think I should give you guys a chance to express.

So what do you think?? List your good and bad.

4 comments:

Ah Dom said...

1. Su Bun colloq Gentle.
2. Ku Lat colloq Hardworking.
3. Siu Lui colloq Thrifty
4. Kua Hui colloq Plan Long Term.
5. LPPL colloq Like Me.

Anonymous said...

Sounds more like talking about LPPL, not general m'sian chinese. Oh, I've got 1 more item to add in, i.e. got pimpers (except LPPL).

Ah Dom said...

talking about acne, i have two on my forehead now la. so your last statement is not true anymore. do u know what is my best remedy for acne? before you go to sleep, put some darlie on the spot and the next morning, teng teng.. it's gone!! try it.

Anonymous said...

Out of our group context. Part of M Teng Lang can be classified as -

1. Ka ki ku ka ki

2. Kia Si (most ppl said if you in trouble by the road side, no teng lang will offer help)

3. No unity - so many dialet, so many religion and divided into east and west teng lang somemore. So no solid unity to hold teng leng, therefore other are not scared. Eg. F dialet company prefered to employ F dialet workers.

Just a short one. TEa