Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Shame on you, old arrogant CATS!

Tonight my friend and I represented our club to attend the joint project meetings with many other L clubs. It was again the same shit dumping to our club and we get very little attention to address and solve the issues we raised. Other clubs get to talk all they want but when we were trying to address our concern on a physical issue which may well become a major issue in the upcoming project, we were suppressed and even criticized as ‘You guys don’t demonstrate L spirit. Do you know what L is for??... blah blah blah…’.

Hey come on, we consider our club as a very hard working and committed club. We spent time to attend meetings and to execute tasks, ended up we were regarded like an insignificant no name club in the meeting.

My friend and I were very offended and angry with the way some of these ‘old people’ playing their old shit so we stood up and left before the first meeting adjourned, to protest against their arrogance & ignorance.

There was this membership chairman that everytime talked to people about recruiting more L members. Tonight his attitude made me want to tell him next time when he asks me to recruit new members : “Seeing the way L people do things, I don’t dare to invite my friends to join this organization, and sometimes even myself felt like quiting it.”

The reason I still hang around in my club is because I do feel proud of my own club and what we can achieve as a team. I also have a sense of belonging towards my club after seeing the up and down in this little club throughout the years and how well it has grown, in terms of its character and team work.

However towards certain clubs, those old people, I shake my head, I feel sad. I feel like telling them : “You guys are really the true culprits that stop the L movement from growing. Your action put people’s enthusiasm off and de-motivated many people."

SHAME ON YOU, OLD CATS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can smell from your writing how angry you were when you two were there. The old cats are playing favourites perhaps and have the 'i eat salt more than you eat rice' mentality. The things they said would be pretty damaging to whoever that attended the meetings, I reckon.

Ah Dom said...

Oh dear. I can feel a rush of flame in me after reading your blog. I salute you for leaving the meeting room before it even ends. I hope they can learn from their biggest mistakes ever. This old cats thought that they are the pioneer and I guess that's why they rejected and criticised your smart opinions. For me, what I will do is not to attend the next couple of meetings to show that you are protesting. After that you can turn up again and hopefully they will change.

Anonymous said...

道不同, 不相為謀... cool down friends... while 堅持信念, think of another way as, they'll leave the world before we do... insist on your idea, and don't bother too much about them... remember, 生氣, 其實只是讓別人的錯誤來讓自己不好受... 何必呢??

Anonymous said...

罵一罵, 發洩一下就好了... 泡泡茶, 喝喝咖啡, blog 一 blog, 氣該消了吧!!