昨天我收到新老板sent 出來的一份問卷, 上面要求員工填上學歷, current pursue 和 future plan… 我对着那份問卷不禁发了好一会儿呆。。。
基本上,我选择了我的学歷和现状。 但是对于我的current pursue 和 future plan,讲真的, 我不知該填些什么… 彷彿在這段漫長的歲月中, 我已靜靜的接受了命運的安排, 開始過着隨遇而安的日子, 沒再自我鞭策, 也沒再自我增值.
剎那間, 我意識到自己原來是如此的不求上進, 毫無目標.
也許是時候結束我給自己的悠長假期了. 也該是時候再從新出發了.
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
honestly, I also dread when it comes to the performance appraisal and the boss asked about my goal in 3-5-10 years time.
You shouldn't be too hard on yourself...I also checked with other girls and our thoughts are going pretty much the same direction (of course just our 2-cent worth...)..that is once we get to a stage where we're contented with our pay, reasonable work hours and not missing out on the company's benefits, then I think I'd 'stop' there. And if i want to go another step up, that means responsibilities and work hours ++...which I'm not willing to trade those for my after work relationship with the family..
So don't be too hard on yourself.. unless you're unhappy with where you are now (your ^$%#^^ boss) then that's another matter.
Exactly! I'm kinda happy with my status now. Pay is not too bad (of course only in Malaysia), job wise I'm now in a more senior position, working hours are not too long. What I still concern about is the work stress when
issues suddenly arise and I'm put under extreme pressure to find the root cause and solution. If this part is gone from my job, then I'm actually a happy contented person.
But when I read about other's current pursue and future plan, I felt ashame of myself. Many are still pursuing another degree or master program, some are younger and some are older than me. And I'm spending most of my weekends doing nothing constructive... that makes me feel like I'm wasting my time. Should really start to think of acquiring new knowledge or skills.
have you guys heard of the 'comfort zone' story? it says, if you put a frog in the pot of hot water, it'll immediately jump out.. but then if you put that frog into a pot of cold water, and slowly bring to boil, the frog will be boiled to death, without realizing it...
I guess if you're thinking of acquiring new skills etc to update your knowledge, and at the same time your personal time for 'relaxation' is not compromised, then why not. Oh, also best that the company can pay for it, =)
But really...if on weekdays you're already working so hard and stressed out, then weekend/after work hours should be seen as your time-out to getaway from the work thoughts. You shouldn't feel like you're wasting your time.
I understand what you mean. I was thinking of the same thing, to have time off resting. Just that years gone by very fast, and when I look back, I found myself at a stagnant stage, 原地踏步, can't even think of what I have achieved as a new milestone besides working and working. That's why I think probably it's time to 結束我的悠長假期, meaning to get out of my comfort zone.
attend some classes, get to know some new people... then, you'll see that, life is good and sweet again... knowing some new people, have some new chemistry, and have some new 'meng4 xiang3', it's never too late to have 'meng4 xiang3', if i were to get back to KL permanently, i'll join back my jap class ^_^
Post a Comment