Thursday, February 03, 2005

My Prince(s)...

I have always been a 'wild' kid since young, in my parents' eyes. Wild in the sense of being outspoken, cheeky, opinionate and, daring. Just not the quiet type.

So when I was at my seventeen, I couldn't wait to go for my driving lessons. At the time I turned eighteen, I was the first kid in my family to have a driving license and my own car, i.e. my first prince, a 4-door white Charade 1.3. It has this cute round body, very cartoon like.

I remember driving it everyday, everywhere at my hometown. I was 'cool' in school for having my own car (too bad students weren't allowed to park inside the school compound at that time).

Since then I've developed this hobby to have a drive alone with my 'prince' during my spare time. It's a time to be by myself, driving around, enjoying the time alone. It helps me in thinking, relaxing. Well, me and my Charade were very close friends. However, my dad sold it off many years ago when I went oversea.

My second car was a 4-door black Nissan Blue Bird 2.0 when I was studying oversea. It was quite a powerful fast car, quite sporty and responsive. What I love about it was first of all its car plate# UI 1917. I think it's quite romantic, I interprete it as "U and I in 1917"... isn't that very romantic? Apart from the plate#, I also love its leather steering and the gear knob with the big "xxxxxxx" stitches. Felt good to grip them. I ever told my youngest bro that "I love the steering more than you". He shaked his head and said "I know, you don't have to tell me". Anyway, after I graduated and came back to M'sia, it has become his car till now. Well, my Blue Bird and I were close friends too.

After I started working, I got my third prince, which is actually bought using my own $. It was a 2-door black Proton Putra 1.8. It has quite a sporty look too, but less powerful compared to the Blue Bird, but it's an affortable car which I think the look is not so boring compared to many other cars on the road at that time. Till now, it's still a 'rare species' on the road though. That's what I like when it comes to cars, uniqueness. Either the body or the car plate# has to be special. Well, I sold it off last month to my housemate Pig Pig at an even more 'affordable price', but at least I still get to see and drive it. My Putra and I are still good friends.

My 4th prince which I've just got it for 2-3 weeks is a 4-door white Toyota Harrier 3.0 (seems like all my princes are either black or white). It's tall and with huge body, extremely powerful and quiet to drive. It makes me feel like a road bully on the road sometimes but so far, it's fun. The drawback is that it kinda drinks fuel like water...the road tax and insurance are much more expensive too. Anyway, we have just started to make friends for few weeks...

I'm not sure what my next 'prince' will be but I got a strong feeling that it will be very charming.

No comments: