Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Bye Bye my Brazil & Argentina!

I watched FIFA World Cup since it began last month.  My support goes to Brazil and Argentina.  I just love the spirit and the skill of these two South American teams.

Last weekend, I almost cried watching the game between Brazil vs. Netherland.  All I can say is I hate the way Netherland played.  On the other hand, I was speechless when Brazil's Felipe Melo scored an own goal in the 53rd minute and got himself sent off 20 minutes later for a stamp on Dutch winger Arjen Robben.  Well he may have made serious mistakes in this important game but I was actually happy that he stamped Arjen Robben hard for play-acting. 

There were just too many simulations and physical attacks from the Netherland team, which the referee just somehow kept one eye closed.  I was angry watching it, so as Brazil team, and Robinho was so mad at the way Netherland team played till he shouted fiercely at them many times.  I was so sad seeing Kaka cried after losing the game.  Basically I just sat there speechless for 1 hour+.  Anyway, I think whichever team wearing dark blue shirts will sure lose the game.  Brazil is supposed to wear their famous yellow that day, not dark blue.

Then I watched the next game between Uruguay and Ghana.  I supported Ghana as they were the only African team left.  In the quarter final tie against Uruguay, Ghana's Asamoah Gyan missed a penalty in the last minute of extra time hitting the crossbar. He converted his penalty in the subsequent penalty shootout, but Uruguay went on to win the shootout 4-2.  There, I went speechless again.

Before watching the following game of my last favorite team Argentina against Germany, I prayed hard that Argentina will win the game and go on to win the World Cup.  Who knows... they scored a big fat zero and ended with a shocking 4-0 defeat against Germany. 

Oh well, after watching almost 60 world cup games since last month, my conclusion is.... the problem is probably, ME.

Basically whichever teams that I supported sure ended up losing the game, including my favorite Brazil and Argentina.  I joked about this with Pig Pig and guess what, she shared the same feelings as me that whichever teams that she supported also lost the games eventually.

Now, it seems that Germany and Netherland are likely to make it to the Final.  Since I hate Netherland team so much, I choose to support Germany.  If Germany too lose the game, then I shall conclude without any doubt that it's ME, who brought bad luck to all the losing teams, nothing to do with the dark blue shirts, and I shall not watch FIFA World Cup 2014 for my favorite teams sake.

Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance...

3 comments:

pigpig said...

the ball is round anything can happen... have to learn prepare for accepting whatever possibilities undesirable reality

dt said...

it's not you. It's the octopus.

Jo said...

Yeah, now the whole world has given up and just depended on Paul the octopus on prediction. The bookies must hate that octupus very much. I heard during lunch today that there is another s'porean bird which can predict quite well too.

This world cup is no longer about football but about Paul the octupus.

Anyway, Germany has lost too, so confirmed, it's ME THAT'S THE PROBLEM. :(

To me, ‘世界杯’实在太‘世界悲剧’.