Friday, March 19, 2010

Learnings...

I'm deeply sorry, I almost forgot I have a blog to update... haha.

Some learnings to share:
1. Financial planning (which involves risk management, taxation, investment, retirement planning, estate planning) is something that I didn't have time to explore in details all these years but I find it a very interesting topic to learn.

2. Cold calling is extremely challenging, where the biggest barrier comes from oneself.  Many successful business depends on cold calling to create leads.  We should pay respect to good sales persons for their courage, knowledge and skill in interacting with strangers.  Next area I want to challenge myself would be sales and marketing!

3. Nowadays, knowledge is power!! 

4. One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus and concentrate our power.  Most people dabble their way thru life, never deciding to master anything in particular.

5. Not many businesses are really very successful, a lot of them are just sustaining.  What makes a difference is how one can differentiate its business from other competitions, i.e. to possess its unique competitive advantage.

6. To do everything by oneself is not considered as owning a business but as being self employed.

7. Health is important.  Yoga is good for health and mental. 

8. Five important things to practise everyday: 1) Good diet 2) Good sleep 3) Breath slowly 4) Exercise 5) Positive thinking.

Happy living!!

No comments: