Sunday, September 21, 2008

Camera talk - Reasons for taking up DSLR photography

I have just written about reasons for giving up DSLR photography, so I think I should also write about reasons to continue this hobby.

1. You will never run out of idea of what to do in the weekend.
2. You start to read about camera and photography during your spare time.
3. You start to see the world in 'photography angle', admire colors of flowers, the sky, the clouds etc., and get excited to see both beautiful and ugly side of the world.
4. You start to think think think - about what photography and art are about, about the message and the techniques involved by looking at a photo, imagining shooting some incredible scenes, thinking about the line between photography and software editing... just so many things to add on to my 'thinking list'.
5. You found another way to express yourself.
6. You start to notice how different people see things in different way through their camera.
7. You found new toys - camera and lenses, besides internet.
8. You found time and space to be by yourself, taking pix and admiring colors of nature, and enjoying peace of mind while u are trying to compose and focus.
9. You found new challenge to yourself - in mastering the tools, composing a photo, to be creative and to combat with hot/humid weather and heavy camera.
10. You feel thankful to God for giving you a pair of eyes that are so much more powerful than a camera sensor. No matter how good a DSLR is, our eyes are still much better.

So even though I am still a beginner and often get disappointed with the pix I took (the composition and color not nice, the pix not sharp enough, the exposure is out etc.) or may never be good in photography, still... 'I am loving it'.

No comments: