Monday, May 28, 2007

Toast Master

I was forced by my new boss to attend the Toast Master's speech craft program which I have to deliver speech in every session. To be honest, public speaking is one of my biggest weakness. I have been trying to avoid this all this while. I hate the feelings of standing in front of everyone and being evaluated, feel naked somehow. However I managed to deliver few speeches so far. Well, the response was not too bad. This evening I have to attend another session which again, everyone was required to write up and present a speech on the spot. Thanks to my blogging habit, I managed to come up with a topic easily as I have posted so many on my blog before. I grabbed part of the materials from my previous blog "What interest me?" and linked it to another blog of mine "Inspiration". Hehe, not bad. Now I realize blogging is not a waste of time, it gives me topics to talk about at anytime, any place. Hoho...

4 comments:

jÖu ~ said...

yes, u have me to thank for introducing u into the world of blogging ;)

so hey... r u gonna join TOASTMASTER? have been wondering if u shud join actually ;) fun or not

jÖu ~ said...

i mean whether I shud join!!! (not u)
hheheheheh...

Ah Dom said...

How does toast master works?

Anonymous said...

Out of the 10+ participants, I was the only one who didn't sign up Toast Master at the end of the speech craft program. The main reason is I don't want to be over committed with too many activities in the next 12 months, as I'll be in the Lions cabinet and I've just taken up a new post at work. However basically I think joining TM is quite benefiting as you get to practise public speaking in front of a group of people who evaluate instead of criticize you, so you get to learn and correct your bad habit/posture. Just that you have to spend time to prepare for your speech which is kinda stressful but if you do have time and enjoy telling stories, it's quite fun.