Sunday, November 12, 2006

Implanted Calories Calculator

Don’t know since when I have this biological calories calculator in my brain. Basically what it does is to do a daily accumulative calories summation for my food intake, and alarm me when the total is beyond the daily limit (2000). The counter will then self-resets to zero when I go to bed at night. Well, most of the time I just wouldn’t care much about the alarm but will just kind of alarm myself that today I’m on the gain or loss side. If I have too much today, then I will try to cut down tomorrow.

This recently, this hatable PP started her diet program. Basically everytime we went out for lunch or dinner, she would start to count the calories of everything. She often just ordered a glass of ice chinese tea instead of 'teh si peng', as according to her chinese tea is 0 calory. Another hatable person is my housemate Pig Pig. Why are these two person hatable by the way? Well, give you an example. Let’s say we all ordered the same chicken soup and rice, just after I finished all, I often discovered that one of them would just finish half a bowl of rice and the other one would have all the chicken skin peeled off and piled on the table. This makes me feel cheated as they usually didn’t say a thing when I was having mine, but right after I finished all they would start to make me realized that I have more than what they consumed. Guess that makes them feel good about themselve, and makes me feel guilty.... Shit!

Anyway, few weeks ago, PP dumped me a booklet called “Food & Exercise Guide” and asked me to read it. Basically inside the booklet it lists all the Malaysian food and the amount of calories and the equivalent to how many bowls of rice. This suddenly makes both Pig Pig and I even more conscious about our daily food consumption.

Some of the high calories food are as below:
1. Fried Kuay Teow + cockles = 743 cal (3.5 bowls of rice)
2. Nasi Lemak (gravy added) = 644 cal (3 bowls of rice)
3. Murtabak, mutton = 722 cal (3.5 bowls of rice)
4. Laksa = 589 cal (3 bowls of rice)
5. Fried rice / chicken rice > 600 cal (3 bowls of rice)
6. Deep fried baby squid = 630 cal (3 bowls of rice)
7. Claypot rice = 898 cal (4 bowls of rice)
8. Hari Raya Open House = 1900 cal (9 bowls of rice)
9. Christmas party = 2000 cal (10 bowls of rice)
10. Chinese wedding dinner = 2000 cal (10 bowls of rice)

From my today’s food intake, I’m sure to gain weight.... Look:

Lunch : 0.5 bowl of laksa (shared with Pig Pig) + 1 bowl of Claypot rice = ~1200 cal
Afternoon : Hari Raya Open House visit = 1900 cal (9 bowls of rice)

In total, I had 3100 cal and 16 BOWLS OF RICE!!!

So I got so guilty that after I went home, I started to clean up my house, mop the floor, brush the toilet etc. just hopefully to lose some of these extra calories. Well, now I’m exhausted…

Damn PP, you shouldn’t have dumped me that stupid booklet, it’s a bad idea!!!

8 comments:

Ah Dom said...

A big Ha Ha!! It's either she BKG or she is concerned of you. Anway, that is a very good biological count. All of us have to watch our diet carefully and take more vitamins. For me, if i had rice for breakfast (tiong kok style), then I will skip it for lunch and dinner. All I have is just protein and vits. What i don't like about myself is that I don't crave for vege. But if I don't have meat or fish, then I feel like eating also Bo ee su. Your christmas party sounds really scary. Is it because of the turkey or lamb?

Anonymous said...

ah!! m'sian food actually is considered very unhealthy... i think i came across one of the medical report before, saying m'sian actually is FAT
if can, since you got sooooooo much time (i mean, less time on the road, unlike KL lah, not that you're not busy with other stuff)
try to do some cooking lah.. : )
and ya, like pigpig, order chinese tea, or luke-warm water!! actually if you can't cut down on the food, i think cutting down on the drinks is a good start
but, overall, you're 'biao1 zun3' already lah... don't whine to me say where where where fat ah, i'll kill you!!

Tea said...

I am actually happy to know that PP started her diet and she is getting serious on food intake. GOOD FOR YOU, PP! Keep it up and hope next time I see you, u look different.

Ah Dom said...

I fully agree with choong. I think u are biao zhun already. You should be glad that this comment is coming from a martians :). Anyway, i will see how is PP wjhen I am home this saturday.

jÖu ~ said...

i see this as a good thing!

KEEP IT UP PP!!!!
(and u'll be PP no more!) ;)

make sure i see some results when i come home ho.

Ah Dom said...

Ha Ha Ha!! I am sure PP feel very stress now coz everyone is having the same expectation on you. Mine will be this Sunday night on the Premier night. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! don't stress me up!! i m not very discipline and sometime i still berbuka puasa.

Anonymous said...

in a way that 'luckily' i don't live in m'sia, else no way ma'am. Won't be able to resist food. Everytime going back there can't resist the sight and smell of food court/stalls.
Ang Mo food is easier to resist, the smell/look are not that tempting. he he